Opening

On June 27, 2014 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Choluteca, Honduras to work with the Grand Commission Church to build a home and share the Gospel. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing our lives on this blog.

email statement

To receive e-mail notification of updates, enter your email address in the box below

Friday, July 4, 2014

last day of building

Today we finished the house. It was a great day, we expeireneced the house being presented to Santos and her family, Tony cooking everyone food, and saying bye to everyone on the mission field. I made a friend here in Honduras. Her name is Angela. She would never leave my side and constantly was saying Megan, diceseis y rosado. ( I'm 16 and my favorite color is pink) I would reply using the little Spanish i know. Earlier in the day she was drawing hearts and our names in the dirt. It broke my heart saying goodbye and took everything in me not to breakdown and cry while she told me she would miss me very much and she hopes to see me next year. At that moment it really hit me we won't be coming balck there will he no more hasta maƱana.  Being here is incredible and has taught me so much. I cannot imagine not coming back and seeing how the communities will grow with their faith. Tomorrow we will go to the beach and one last church service. Then it is goodbye Honduras. It really is crazy how fast  the trip has gone bye.  I will forever remember this and I will take home so much more then what we gave to the people here in Honduras.

No comments:

Post a Comment