Opening

On June 27, 2014 a team of missionaries from Elevate Church in Monroe Michigan will travel to Choluteca, Honduras to work with the Grand Commission Church to build a home and share the Gospel. The team will share our experiences and how God is changing our lives on this blog.

email statement

To receive e-mail notification of updates, enter your email address in the box below

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Although I have only been here two days, it really has been the most amazing experience of my life. I love all of the happiness that comes from the people. Watching them you really realize they are pure happiness and just so thankful for everything. Today, the orphanage kids came and picked out clothes to have. Like they were "shopping". It's interesting to watch and so rewarding. It made my heart happy to watch the kids come, pick out what they like, and say gracias as they leave. Working with the kids really makes me wish my Spanish was better, ha ha, but it has definitely had an impact on me so far.

Yesterday we had our first day of helping to build the house. It was so crazy to see what they lived in: a house built of tarp and twigs. Surprisingly it was so sturdy though! The family consists of 3 people, a mother and her two sons. All of them were there to help and worked very hard.
We also went to church. The message was very good and it really made a good point. Are you a fan or are you committed to God.

Being here is amazing.You feel so calm with everything you do. Almost like you just feel as your just going with the flow, if that makes sense. God is changing my heart and I am always reminded I can do all things through him. He is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment